Monday, February 1, 2010

Up and at 'em: "Black Dog"

Monday morning. Yawn. Been up since 4 a.m. (well, 4:45 a.m. if you want to count the moment I was actually awake. Sitting upright isn't the same thing.)

This song is one of my 'get pumped to teach' tunes. I have a CDr with several such rip-roarers. Turn up the old mini-van stereo, blast "Black Dog", and before you know it, I'm ready to teach MLA documentation styles.

"How do you have so much energy?" asked one of my students last Monday morning. Apparently the clicking of my heels on the tiled hallway sounded bouncy.

Well, first of all, I don't. I'm just polite & manage to ask students how they're doing when I enter the room. Do not mistake my congeniality for energy.  However, whatever spring is in my step can be traced back to whatever I was listening to as I pull in the parking lot.

Enya, be gone. The music has gotta achieve momentum on a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment