Sunday, February 7, 2010

Negotiations & Love Songs #1: "Marching Bands of Manhattan"

Countdown to February 14th - 14 Love Songs in 7 Days

Yep, I'm okay with Cupid's holiday. There is love in my heart for my children and my life, my family and my future. And my cookie jar.

I've already shared "re: Stacks" by Bon Iver, and that's definitely my most listened to love song of 2009, and it's still holding strong in 2010. It's the most atmospheric love song on my playlist ...

... But this Death Cab for Cutie might just be the sweetest/geekiest, with cumbersome lyrics (check) and pretty vocals (check) and surprising depth ("Sorrow drips into your heart through a pinhole").

Please excuse this person's homemade video. At least the lyrics are visible, but come on, can't you find a better font than this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment