Monday, February 1, 2010

On Eagles' wings, for real

I've always liked this song, particularly its truthful lyrics. I mean, I've been liking this song since I owned it on cassette tape. Mr. Don Henley, Texas-based environmentalist activist and reassembled classic rock band front man, you done good! Here are a few of your phrases that ring true to my ears:

What are these voices outside love's open door
Make us throw off our contentment
And beg for something more?
...
But I think it's about forgiveness
Forgiveness
Even if, even if you don't love me anymore
...
The trust and self-assurance that can lead to happiness
They're the very things we kill, I guess


And since I'm posting Eagles songs, might as well put "7 Bridges Road," my favorite Eagles' song. I like the harmonies and the finger picking. Country-fried ear candy. (That sounds gross.) The voices sound a little aged on this clip, but hey ...  Thanks, Aunt Sherry - here's the actual band (blush, blush - darn you blurry youtube clips!)

No comments:

Post a Comment