Monday, February 1, 2010

Adventures in youth dances

On my other blog, I once shared that "Somebody" by Depeche Mode is the song that takes me back to college dances, specifically the giant Mormon hugs we called Ricks College dance nights.

But this song takes me back too, to high school dances held at the high school ... and to the collective swoopy hairstyle so many of my fellow adolescents of the 80s shared.

Watching this video, I can see how much MTV changed things for all of us. This is obviously an early video effort (hello, Magritte hat allusion?!?!!), and it's pretty clear that bands have gotten better looking than these guys since young people demanded their MTV!

Nonetheless, I can't fight this feeling anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, have you checked out the plethora of "Literal Videos" on YouTube? They are a riot, you would love them! You have to start with "Total Eclipse of the Heart"!!

    ReplyDelete