Saturday, May 15, 2010

Well, since you asked

Fine, fine, the outpouring of interest indicates that y'all really want to see "Small Stakes" too. Can't just mention a Spoon gem like that without an accompanying clip. No, no, don't mention it. I'm glad to share this one. (Again, take the Stripes diss with a grain of sea salt.)

This clip is the video the band made for this hugely memorable song showcasing its intoxicating simplicity. (Hey, I like that phrase.)

And oh, what a song. This song got me through November and December 2007, two months that changed the shape of my life. Some days I would come home from teaching and instead of collapsing onto my bed, would press play on Kill the Moonlight, listen to this track, the first one on that album, and find the strength to fold a load of laundry.

Mr. Daniel, from the bottom of my heart, thanks.

What can I say?
Great video.
Great song.
Great album.
Great band.

I don't know that I think of myself as a lucky lady. I'm not rushing off to buy lottery tickets or anything, but I feel deeply confident that I picked long-term winners with these guys. You already know I love them. But I know that they're going to be one of the bands that goes the distance. Are these just the delusional rantings of a crazed fan? Not at all. You can bet on it. Bet on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment