Thursday, July 22, 2010

From the vault: Barry!

Is there a prettier melody line than this one? "Mandy", thy name is loveliness. I LOVE that modulation 3/4 of the way in.  And wow - his voice sounds caramel-ly smooth in this live performance! I like the song so much I pasted it twice (cause crazy as it might sound, sometimes I play songs from this blog while I wash dishes or mop in the kitchen. I like having my favorites in one place!) And that bit about Manilow writing this song for his dog is, according to songfacts.com, an "urban myth." I think I like it better as a human to human love song anyway.


1 comment:

  1. Hey! I posted a comment here, about how I hadn't ever heard the song (though I recognized the chorus when I heard it) and I loved it, and I listened to both, and blah, blah, blah. Wonder where it went? Anyway --- thanks for sharing a lovely song!

    ReplyDelete